Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This is a lighter twist on a delicious breakfast casserole for the carb-conscious and the vegetarians! Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight and serve the next day!” - by Zafah7
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place sausage in a large skillet and pour in about 1/4 inch of water; cook sausage over medium heat until water evaporates and sausages are evenly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Crumble cooked sausages into a bowl.
- Mix sweet potatoes and butter together in a bowl; evenly spread into the bottom of the prepared 9x13-inch dish.
- Stir Cheddar-mozzarella cheese blend, onion, spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, and crumbled sausage together in a large bowl; spoon over sweet potato layer.
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and eggs are set, about 1 hour. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 268 cal
- 14.3 g
- 13.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Yummy. I used fully cooked sausage for faster preparation and I finely chopped the sweet potatoes instead of shredding. It was great and I will definitely prepare it this way again next time...." See more"
"I made this for a group of mostly meat-eaters and they loved it! I omitted the vegetarian sausage links, used kale instead of spinach and used 10 large eggs rather than 8 jumbo eggs. Great recipes. Th..." See moreanks!"
"Quite tasty. I liked the use of sweet potatoes in this. For me, this needs a couple of tweaks for next time: I like spicy with my sweet potatoes, so next time I'll add a couple shakes of spicy salt t..." See moreo the potatoes. The dish is very fluffy.. I tend to prefer a less fluffy more dense breakfast dish. Next time I'll add some more veggies or perhaps a bit of flour to thicken it up a bit"
Charline's Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.