Potato Breakfast Casserole8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Yummy potato, bacon, and egg casserole. The flavors meld together into a cohesive taste explosion. I actually came up with this for a friend's birthday party weekend I was catering. Totally off the wall and it was so good. Enjoy!” - by harpwatts
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix potatoes, bacon, butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a 8x8-inch pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour eggs over potato mixture; season with oregano. Stir gently to incorporate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 2 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 240 cal
- 12.4 g
- 19.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I used red potatoes and did not peel them. The one thing that I would change about this recipe is the oregano. It was a bit overpowering just mixed in, maybe roasting it with the potatoes would be b..." See moreetter. Also, I would just spray the pan with cooking spray and forget the melted butter. The bacon produces a lot of fat and stirring the potatoes a few times while they are roasting will coat the potatoes with bacon grease."
"I've been cooking breakfast for my bf every weekend for 7 years. He eats about near anything so I wanted to mix it up, so I found this recipe and cooked it for him. It takes a lot longer then cooking..." See more regular breakfast stuff. It smelled really good coming out of the oven. After taking a few bites we both noticed that it leaves a real eggy after taste and the oregano was not needed. I wont be using this recipe again. But it doesn't mean I wouldn't try different recipes from this website, I really enjoy this site."
"This recipe took way longer to cook. I cooked the potatoes for almost an hour and then once the eggs were added it was closer to 25 mins then ten. We didn't have bacon, so we used the little breakfast..." See more sausages instead and added Italian seasoning. Overall though...delicious and the perfect thing to have when fixing "breakfast for dinner"."
Easter Breakfast Casserole
Beef Potato House Pie Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.