Spinach and Chicken Enchiladas6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“If you like spinach and Mexican food, you'll love these easy chicken enchiladas made with ricotta cheese and spinach.” - by duboo
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir green onions and garlic in butter until fragrant and softened, about 2 minutes. Stir chicken, spinach, chili powder, black pepper, and salt into the green onion mixture and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix ricotta cheese, sour cream, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese into chicken mixture until thoroughly combined. Reserve remaining Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheeses for topping.
- Place tortillas into a plastic bag, seal bag, and microwave on high until warm and soft, 30 to 45 seconds. Spoon about 3/4 cup of chicken filling down the center of each tortilla in a line. Roll tortillas around filling and place with seam sides down into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over filled enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheeses over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is bubbling and cheese topping is browned at the edges, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 809 cal
- 41.2 g
- 51.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent!! I added green peppers and mushrooms to the mix as well. I couldn't find the enchilada sauce in the grocery store, so I used pasta sauce instead...." See more"
"My husband and I really enjoyed this unique enchilada idea. Spice was right where I like it, a bit of a kick but not "hot."..." See more"
Chicken Enchiladas V
Healthier Chicken Enchiladas II
Just swipe to see more like this.