Stuffed Green Peppers3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“The best stuffed green peppers ever.” - by DAUNATHAN
Original recipe yields 6 stuffed peppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook green bell peppers in the boiling water until soft, 5 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces with a spatula as it cooks, until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard excess grease. Transfer beef to a large bowl.
- Stir rice, celery, onion, and about half the tomato sauce with the ground beef; season with salt and pepper. Stuff cooked green peppers with the ground beef mixture.
- Arrange stuffed peppers in a baking dish. Pour enough water into the baking dish to about 1-inch deep. Pour remainder of tomato sauce over the peppers.
- Bake in preheated oven until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 348 cal
- 9.8 g
- 46.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I used a green and a red pepper, I steam mine, much quicker and easier and I prefer the pepper to be a little crisper! Very good!..." See more"
"This is a good basic recipe and most everything is already cooked before stuffing....rather than bake the stuffed peppers I simply put them into the microwave [covered] with a bit of water in the bott..." See moreom and nuke them for about 9-12 minutes...done...and just as delicious."
Stuffed Green Peppers I
Kelsey's Favorite Stuffed Green Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.