Garlic Cream Sauce over Chicken Breasts7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“An easy and very tasty way to perk up your mid-week menu. Very creamy and a sure win for garlic lovers. Goes great over grilled or baked chicken breasts.” - by Kari
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Season chicken breasts with oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook the chicken breasts on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Melt butter with vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in the butter mixture until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir flour through the butter mixture; cook and stir until flour is incorporated, about 1 minute more. Pour heavy cream and chicken broth into the saucepan; stir. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and cream cheese to the saucepan; cook, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is melted into the sauce, about 5 minutes.
- Plate the chicken breasts. Spoon sauce over the chicken. Serve extra sauce on the side.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 494 cal
- 39 g
- 5.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"My review is for the sauce, we grilled our chicken using our own favorite recipe. The sauce is a nice topping for grilled chicken, a little bit sinful, but nice and cheesy garlicky. I reduced the reci..." See morepe for two people, didn't use vegetable oil, just the butter, and used half and half and 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese."
"This was a wonderfully easy recipe to follow. However, I made a slight change of my own. I doubled the sauce recipe and poured it over the raw seasoned chicken and cooked it in the oven at 350 for 30-..." See more35 minutes. The chicken was cooked in the sauce and came out juicy and full of the creamy garlic flavor. YUM!!"
Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce
Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic
Just swipe to see more like this.