Pumpkin Rolls II18 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“This recipe also makes 2 loaves of bread.” - by Karen Rummer
Original recipe yields 32 rolls
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, sugar, butter, salt, yeast and 2 cups flour; stir well to combine. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into four equal pieces, divide each of these pieces into four pieces and then divide each of these 16 pieces in half to make 32 pieces. Form each piece into a round and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 221 cal
- 4 g
- 40 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"MMMmmmm....tastey, soft and sweet. I used 1 1/2 Tbsp of rapid rise yeast. With rapid rice you don't need to proof the yeast, makes it alot easier. Just threw everything together all at once and mix..." See moreed with the kitchenaid. I had to put in about 5 1/2 c of flour and bake at 375 because I live in Colorado in high altitude."
"Perfect rolls for turkey or ham dinner! Moist and flavorfull, and a beautiful rich golden orange color!..." See more"
"I am not a bread maker. I am nervous about making anything with yeast, but I just had to try these. I'm so glad I did - they'll be on our Thanksgiving table for sure this year! So easy and tasty - the..." See morey don't even need butter. By the way, I used two 1/4 oz packages of yeast and it worked out just fine. Thanks so much for sharing!!!"
Mom's Pumpkin Rolls
Kelsandra's Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.