Easy Baked Mushroom and Onion Risotto4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 33 min
- Ready In: 48 min
“Baked in a Reynolds® oven bag, this mushroom risotto with Parmesan cheese comes out perfectly without constant stirring.” - by Reynolds®
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place Reynolds® Oven Bag in a 13x9x2-inch pan. Add flour, salt and pepper to bag. Gently squeeze bag to blend ingredients.
- Add onion, mushrooms, rice and 1 tablespoon butter to oven bag. Turn bag several times to mix ingredients. Arrange ingredients in even layer in bag. Fold down bag opening two times to hold it open; set aside.
- Microwave water and chicken broth in a medium microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup for about 3 minutes on high power until liquid is very hot. Carefully pour or ladle liquid over ingredients in bag. Carefully unfold bag opening.
- Close bag at gathers with nylon tie. Cut six 1/2 inch slits in top near tie.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes. Carefully cut top of bag open. Spoon rice mixture into a large serving bowl. Stir in remaining tablespoon of butter and shredded cheese. Stir in up to 1/4 cup additional hot water, if needed to make mixture creamy. Add additional salt and pepper and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 262 cal
- 7.9 g
- 39.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for Christmas dinner. I basically put everything in the bag the day before (minus the onion)and kept it in the fridge, and added the chicken stock/water right before popping it in the oven..." See more. A great side dish and my family loved it. Super easy way to pepare risotto. Watch your cooking times carefully! I went over about 5 minutes and it was just a tad overdone."
"This was terrible. The texture was nice but that was the only good thing I can say about it...." See more"
"The risotto was okay but doing it in the bag was a mess. SO much easier to do it in a baking dish! If I were to use this recipe again I would put it in a 9 X 9 sprayed baking dish. Also, I would try..." See more mixing the cheese in before baking it. It was impossible to mix the cheese into the hot rice mixture in the squishy bag. Martha Stewart has a great baked risotto recipe on her website."
Speedy Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
Greek Chicken with Tomatoes, Artichokes and Feta
Just swipe to see more like this.