Breakfast Strata5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 35 min
“My grandmother makes this every Christmas morning, and it's amazing. My husband hates eggs and he always has seconds, even my 1- and 2-year-old gobble this up. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Ingredients are forgiving; add your favorites or spice it up. Just make sure your veggies are not going to water it down.” - by Robynnsmom
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Generously grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sausage until crumbly and completely browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer cooked sausage to the prepared casserole dish.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in the same skillet over medium heat until liquid has been released and mushrooms are lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Mix mushrooms, eggs, bread, milk, Cheddar cheese, ham, spinach, flour, mustard powder, salt, butter, and basil together in a large bowl; pour over sausage. Cover casserole dish and refrigerate, 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the strata comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 600 cal
- 37.2 g
- 32 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe for family brunch on Thanksgiving morning. I assembled everything the night before so all I had to do was take the dish from refrigerator to oven the morning of-- a great time save..." See morer. Everyone loved it, even my niece who is not a fan of eggs, had 2 helpings. The only note I would make is I think the amounts of mustard powder & butter are transposed. I used 2 tsp of mustard powder (Not 2 TBL ) & 2 TBL of butter (not 2 tsp). I also cut the milk to 2 1/2 cups. Will definitely make this again. Probably at Christmas."
"Tasty strata. I found for me there was not nearly enough egg. I used 1 1/2 times what recipe called for and I think next time I'll double. I adjusted the seasonings to compensate and used a mixed Mexi..." See morecan cheese and homemade turkey sausage"
English Muffin Breakfast Strata
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.