Kimmy's Potato Soup0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A rich and creamy potato soup. You may use sausage instead of bacon.” - by Kimberly
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 4 cups of the water from boiling.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, and garlic in olive oil until tender, 3 to 5 minutes; add to potatoes with reserved water, milk, cream of celery soup, butter, and parsley. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Bring potato mixture to a simmer over low heat; stirring frequently, cook at a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook and stir bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain grease.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle bacon and Cheddar cheese over soup to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 612 cal
- 29.6 g
- 68.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Cajun Potato Soup
Chilled Kale and Potato Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.