Creamy Sweet Potato Pie0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A rich creamy pie that fills the home with the smell of autumn. Also a nice substitute for those people who like the taste of pumpkin spice but not the custardy texture.” - by MarieLizette
Original recipe yields 2 pies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Set rack to center of the oven and place a cookie sheet on baking rack.
- Whip sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer until soft. Add sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract; continue blending until incorporated. Blend flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt into the sweet potato mixture.
- Divide sweet potato mixture between the pie shells. Cover pies with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Continue baking pies uncovered until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 more minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and pile marshmallows into the center of each pie. Return to oven and continue baking until marshmallows are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow pies to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 362 cal
- 13.6 g
- 54.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Sweet Potato Pie II
Healthier Sweet Potato Pie I
Just swipe to see more like this.