Betty's Famous Cinnamon Rolls4 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 35 min
“Absolutely the best cinnamon rolls, ever. So good, you can't NOT make them, let alone, stop eating them. A little hard work but totally worth it in the end. Substitute walnuts or raisins for pecans if you desire. Very good right out of the oven, or right out of the fridge, place a pat of butter on top and microwave for 20 seconds!” - by modifiedgirl
Original recipe yields 0 dozen rolls
- Mix 1 1/2 cup white sugar, cinnamon, and pecans together in a bowl; set aside to be used as filling later.
- Whisk yeast and warm water together in a separate bowl; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon white sugar. Continue whisking until well incorporated. Set aside until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Place warm milk, 2/3 cup white sugar, 2/3 cup melted butter, salt, eggs, and yeast mixture in a stand mixer; mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Add 4 cups flour; mix on medium until completely smooth, about 5 minutes. Transfer dough to a large bowl; knead the remaining 4 cups flour into dough with hands until dough is slightly stiff and sticky, 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a large greased bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap from bowl and punch down dough. Set dough aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough out onto a well-floured surface, forming a 15x20-inch rectangle. Brush entire rectangle of dough with 1/2 cup melted butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar filling. Tightly roll up dough, starting from a long end and pinch edges together to seal. Cut dough, using dental floss, into 15 to 20 slices.
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish with 1/2 cup melted butter; sprinkle with 1/3 cup white sugar.
- Arrange cinnamon rolls close together in the prepared casserole dish. Allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Beat confectioners' sugar, 2/3 cup melted butter, vanilla extract, and maple extract together in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 736 cal
- 34 g
- 101.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good recipe for cinnamon rolls. I left out the pecans and maple extract, because I didn't have any, and I accidentally rolled the dough the wrong way, so I came out with 10 giant rolls, but..." See more I just cut them in half to serve. :) The bread part came out fluffy, and the taste was sweet, but not too sweet. My glaze was too thick to drizzle, but (since I didn't have a lot of time to continue adding butter), I just smeared it thinly with a spoon, and it melted a bit. I would use this recipe again."
"These were amazing! Mine came out VERY large, but they tasted fabulouse...." See more"
Classic Cinnamon Rolls
Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.