Mom's Pumpkin Rolls1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 50 min
“A Thanksgiving favorite. They are even better the next day, cut in half, a little mayo, pepper, and leftover turkey, then off to the the mall at 6 am for Black Friday shopping.” - by RMCD496
Original recipe yields 2 dozen rolls
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water in a bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt, butter, 1 cup white sugar, eggs, and yeast mixture, respectively, in a large bowl. Stir in scalded milk and pumpkin puree until dough consistency is reached. Shape dough into a ball and place in a bowl; cover bowl with a towel. Let rise for 90 minutes.
- Shape dough into 2 dozen knotted rolls; arrange on a baking sheet. Let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk egg yolk with 1/2 teaspoon white sugar until dissolved; brush tops of rolls.
- Place baking sheet on the bottom rack of preheated oven; bake rolls for 10 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to top rack; bake until rolls are lightly browned, 6 to 10 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 172 cal
- 2.1 g
- 33.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I used half scalded milk and half buttermilk. The only other change I made was using 4 cups of Whole wheat flour and about the same amount of regular flour...the dough was pretty sticky so I had to a..." See moredd more flour. Excellent taste- my husband looked at the color said Pumpkin huh? But he had seconds!!"
Angie's Perfect Dinner Rolls
Mom's Yeast Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.