Grandma Carol's Pumpkin Roll5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“My mom always makes her pumpkin roll around Thanksgiving and takes one to work where everyone asks her if she can make them one and they all want the recipe. You may want to halve the recipe unless you are making for a crowd or to give away. It makes a lot. It is without a doubt the best pumpkin roll I've ever had!” - by SusieQ
Original recipe yields 1 cake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 12x17-inch jelly roll pan and line with parchment paper; butter the parchment paper. Generously dust a kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar.
- Beat eggs, white sugar, and pumpkin together in a bowl until creamy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together in a separate bowl; gradually stir into egg mixture. Stir to combine. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for exactly 10 minutes.
- Immediately turn cake onto the prepared kitchen towel. Starting at a long end, roll up pumpkin cake and towel. Let rolled cake rest for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, 16-ounce package confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth; fold in pecans.
- Unroll cake; spread with the filling. Roll up cake (without towel). Cut off any jagged ends. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Cut cake in half if desired; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 208 cal
- 8.5 g
- 31.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I am the one who submitted this recipe. AR changed the instructions from my original recipe which caused the problems you had CONNIE-O. I really wish they would leave the instructions as I had writt..." See moreen them. The batter is baked in ONE 12x17 jelly roll pan and prepared as usual. Do not use two towels as it states. After your Pumpkin Roll is finished, cut in half to make 2 rolls (or I guess you could leave it as one long roll). But bake the batter in only ONE pan. It really is an excellent recipe with these changes back to my original version."
"A colleague at work brought this and it was "to die for"! She told me where to get the recipe. I'll use the original submission to get the best results...." See more"
"There is something seriously wrong with the way this recipe is written. Comparing it to other pumpkin roll recipes on this site, the amount of ingredients make just ONE roll. I made half a recipe an..." See mored used one pan. It was waaaaaaaay over cooked and so thin that it was brittle and cracked. Sorry SusieQ to have to give is such a bad review but if it were written for 1 cake I think it would be fine. And thanks to the recipeeps who helped me figure out what went wrong. FYI, I used a 10 x 15 Farberware jelly roll pan."
Granny Kat's Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Roll with Crunchy Peanut Butter Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.