Polynesian Meatballs7 Reviews
“Sweet and spicy meatballs... with whole-grain brown rice.” - by Minute® Rice
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Drain 1/2 cup crushed pineapple for meatballs. Reserve remaining pineapple and juice for sauce.
- Combine ground turkey or chicken, cooked rice, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup green onions, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, egg, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop mixture and gently roll into desired meatball size (we suggest about the size of a golf ball); place meatballs on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet with sides. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- While meatballs are baking, to make sauce, combine remaining pineapple and juice, remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
- Top cooked meatballs with sauce.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 352 cal
- 9.7 g
- 46.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Lesson: Do NOT used undercooked rice. Oops! It absorbed all the moisture from the meat so the meatballs were D.R.Y. and coulda used a lil salt. The sauce was amazing though..I reduced it to make it th..." See moreicker and the ginger and nutmeg MAKE it!"
"We made these for a football game and love them. The flavors mend well together and we plan to have them again. Followed the recipe as stated. Great, great recipe! Five stars!..." See more"
Broccoli Rice Casserole by Minute(R) Rice
Classic Minute(R) Rice Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.