Tomato Concasse1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 min
- Ready In: 11 min
“The technique is relatively quick and easy; it will allow you enjoy those gorgeous summer tomatoes sans skin and seeds.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato with a knife.
- Place prepared tomatoes in the pot of boiling water and cook until the skins begin to peel off, 10 to 40 seconds.
- Transfer tomatoes to the bowl of ice water and allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off each tomato.
- Cut each tomato in half crosswise and remove and discard the seeds; finely dice the flesh.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 33 cal
- 0.4 g
- < 1%
- 7.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Rosemary
Garlic Roasted Tomato Spread
Just swipe to see more like this.