Ready In11 m
“The technique is relatively quick and easy; it will allow you enjoy those gorgeous summer tomatoes sans skin and seeds.”
New! Find ingredients on sale
Tap On Sale, then swipe through different local stores.
Look through the ingredients list for store discounts!
This feature is in beta testing. Thanks for your patience as we improve it!
Add to Shopping List
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato with a knife.
- Place prepared tomatoes in the pot of boiling water and cook until the skins begin to peel off, 10 to 40 seconds.
- Transfer tomatoes to the bowl of ice water and allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off each tomato.
- Cut each tomato in half crosswise and remove and discard the seeds; finely dice the flesh.
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
Homemade Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
Tomato Chutney II
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Rosemary
Fast, Fresh Grape Tomato Salad
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 33 cal
- 0.4 g
- < 1%
- 7.2 g
- 1.6 g
- 0 mg
- 9 mg
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Garlic Roasted Tomato Spread