Tuscan Flank Steak4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 14 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 40 min
“I've only been to Tuscany once, but I do remember a grilled steak coming off a charcoal fire, which was then sliced and splashed with olive oil, lemon, and rosemary. While I'm sure my version is far from traditional, it's really tasty and the very user-friendly flank steak is the perfect cut.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine 1/2 cup chopped fresh rosemary, garlic, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and set marinade aside.
- Pierce the steak with a fork 20 to 30 times. Place in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over steak and flip to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon minced rosemary, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt in a jar. Cover and shake the dressing to combine. Shake again before using.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove steak from marinade; scrape off any chunks of marinade. Discard used marinade. Season steak with salt and black pepper.
- Place steak on the preheated grill and cook until browned on the outside and red on the inside, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Place 2 tablespoons of the olive oil-lemon juice dressing in a small bowl. Use rosemary sprig to baste the steak while it cooks. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a steak should read 125 degrees F (52 degrees C) for rare.
- Remove steak to a platter and allow to rest about 6 minutes before slicing. Cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch-thick slices at an angle against the grain. Drizzle with additional dressing.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 497 cal
- 43.8 g
- 5.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Oh! My! Goodness! I knew when I saw the ingredients for this that it was right up my alley! Just follow the recipe to the Tee! You'll have a very delicious dinner! I promise! Thank you once again..." See more, Chef John! Yum! Yum! Yum!"
"I made this recipe last night for my brother-in-law and my sister, with roasted garlic cauliflower and baked asparagus as sides. It came out very tasty and was well appreciated by all. I didn't modi..." See morefy it but did add just a little extra splash of olive oil to the marinade as it was a bit thick in my blender. I'll be making this again for sure."
G's Flank Steak Marinade
Marinated Flank Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.