Chef John's Chicken Riggies18 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This results in a sauce that seems much richer than it actually is, and I think you'll love the subtle sweetness the wine imparts, which works wonderfully with the heat from the peppers.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage, mushrooms, onions, salt, and black pepper in hot oil until vegetables are softened and sausage is browned, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir chopped chicken to sausage mixture; cook and stir over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Pour in wine and cook, stirring to remove any browned bits off the bottom of the pan, until most of the wine is evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and cream; simmer for 30 minutes. If needed, add water to create a thick sauce.
- Stir peppers, olives, and garlic into sauce. Continue to simmer until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in parsley.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until nearly cooked, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Combine sauce and cooked pasta, stir in cheese, cover and set aside until pasta has absorbed the sauce, 1 to 2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1055 cal
- 41.1 g
- 110.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Fantastic Recipe. I slightly changed it b/c I don't like mushrooms or olives, so I added a jalapeno & half a red & green bell pepper. Extremely tasty...." See more"
"I have never made a bad recipe from Chef John but this one is insanely good! I used more italian sausage and less chicken but only because thats what I had. My husband raved about this dish. I will be..." See more making it regularly. If you haven't been to Chef Johns blog Foodwishes go there and watch hm make this recipe, I have been cooking for 30 years and still I find his videos helpful! Thanks again Chef John"
Chef John's Caramel Chicken
Chef John's Tandoori Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.