Eggplant with Feta Cheese3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“A simple eggplant recipe suitable for an appetizer or side dish.” - by lazybarb
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Brush eggplant slices on one side with olive oil; arrange onto a baking sheet with oiled side facing up.
- Cook eggplant under broiler until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; remove from oven.
- Turn oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Turn slices and brush other side with olive oil. Sprinkle feta cheese over eggplant.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle basil over the eggplant slices and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 84 cal
- 5.5 g
- 7.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I too "doctored it up" a little (see pic), but the recipe gave me a great starting ground, since I didn't really know how to cook eggplant at all! Make sure you add salt/pepper after you oil them, plu..." See mores I added tomatoes and garlic to roast at the same time, to put on top. Along with the fresh basil, I added some balsamic, and those two additions really made it great!"
"I followed this recipe exactly and it really needs something else. It was just ok. I would not waste the time and effort to make this again...." See more"
Herbed Greek Roasted Potatoes with Feta Cheese
Grilled Eggplant Stack with Greek Kasseri Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.