Apple Crisp with Truvia® Natural Sweetener1 Reviews
“This dish is delicious hot or cold. Be creative and substitute in your favorite seasonal fruits for some or all of the apples – try pears, cranberries, or peaches. Made with Truvia® natural sweetener this dessert contains 30% fewer calories* and has 60% less sugar than the sugar-sweetened version.” - by Truvia®
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Assemble all ingredients; Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with water, Truvia® natural sweetener, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat the fruit.
- Spray 9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray; place apple mixture in dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine oats, Truvia® natural sweetener, second flour and cinnamon, melted butter, brown sugar and salt; stir to form crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of apples.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until apples are tender.
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"First, the one thing that I didn't like about this is the dryness. It took longer to cook than 40 minutes, and I added some water to the casserole dish three times. I suppose adding real sugar would..." See more have resulted in the sugar melting into a syrup which the Truvia doesn't do. However, the thing I did like is the taste; true apple flavor with no sugar substitute aftertaste. Not my favorite apple crisp, but it was pretty good."
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with Truvia(R) Natural Sweetener
Apple Pie with Truvia(R) Natural Sweetener
Just swipe to see more like this.