Christmas Morning Egg Casserole2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 9 hr 20 min
“This was the casserole my mom made every year for Christmas morning.” - by Karen514
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread ham into the bottom of prepared casserole dish. Butter one side of each bread slice; cut slices into cubes. Arrange buttered bread cubes atop ham; layer American cheese over bread cubes.
- Whisk milk, eggs, mustard powder, and salt together in a bowl; pour over American cheese layer. Cover dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove aluminum foil from casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and eggs are set in the middle, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 374 cal
- 24.4 g
- 16.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Very good! I think the ground mustard gives it an extra good flavor!..." See more"
"Simple recipe with loads of flavor. I took it to a brunch and everyone complimented me on it. Even people who said they normally don't like egg casseroles. I used sharp cheddar cheese as that is al..." See morel I had, cubed ham instead of diced and cut the salt down to 1/2 tsp. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because it was really watery on the bottom after baking. I will make again but will probably add another egg or two."
Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.