Grownup Chai Chocolate Cupcakes1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I was given quite a few Chai tea bags and found I wasn't a fan of the drink, but I liked the flavor and thought it would be good in a baked product. These rich, moist treats require no frosting. They are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea or even a glass of cold milk.” - by BigShotsMom
Original recipe yields 10 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Open tea bags and pour the chai mixture into a spice grinder; grind into a fine powder, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Mix flour, sugar, and chai powder together in a large bowl; add eggs, one at a time, whisking until batter is smooth after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour chocolate mixture into batter, stirring until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are glossy and slightly cracked, about 25 minutes. Remove muffins immediately from tin and cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 207 cal
- 13.2 g
- 21.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Just swipe to see more like this.