Couscous Caprese1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“A roasted tomato stuffed with couscous, fresh mozzarella, and basil makes a wonderful side dish. It's very pleasing to the eye and the mouth.” - by C. Murphy
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Pour boiling water over couscous in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let couscous soak until the water is completely absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the tops from tomatoes and take a very small slice of the bottoms so they will be stable upright. Use a spoon to remove and discard the tomato innards. Put tomatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake tomatoes in the preheated oven until lightly charred at the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Line the inner walls of each tomato with 4 basil leaves.
- Toss mozzarella cheese with the couscous; stuff into tomatoes. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top of the stuffed tomatoes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 292 cal
- 9.4 g
- 32.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was very good, but we think in the summer on the grill it'll be fantastic with vine-ripe tomatoes. I did add butter and salt to the couscous just for more flavor, and after I stuffed the tomatoe..." See mores, I covered and put it back in the oven for about 20 minutes to melt the cheese. I'll definitely make this again, and can't wait for grilling time! Thanks for the recipe, C Murphy!!"
Couscous Salad with Tomato and Basil
Just swipe to see more like this.