Dixie's Fresh Pumpkin Pie0 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“Family favorite made with real pumpkin. Ingredients can be mixed and stored ahead of time for convenience. To only make one pie, mix all ingredients and pour half the mixture into a container or plastic bag and freeze. Now you can whip up a pie at any time!” - by B52JUNEBUG
Original recipe yields 2 pies
- Cut pumpkin into halves and remove seeds. Cut seeded pumpkin into 3-inch chunks.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pumpkin in boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Set pumpkin aside to cool until the skin hardens and the flesh is cool enough to handle.
- Scrape pumpkin flesh from skin into a large bowl; transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Put pureed pumpkin into a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl and set aside to drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Press pie crusts into pie pans. Trim dough to overlap edges of pans by about 1/4 inch.
- Dip a fork into the egg white first and then into the sugar. Put the tines onto the rim of your pie crust and press down, leaving little ridges that will brown when they are cooked.
- Bake pie crust in preheated oven until slightly set, about 5 minutes. Place pie pans onto a cookie sheet.
- Beat drained pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl; pour into the prepared crusts. Fold strips of aluminum foil around the edges of the crusts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Continue baking pie until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 282 cal
- 12.4 g
- 36.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Mrs. Sigg's Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Great Pumpkin Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.