Great Pumpkin Pie0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 10 min
“Rich flavored pumpkin pie using molasses and rum as the secret ingredients. This recipe uses fresh pumpkin. Serve with whipped cream.” - by innkeeper
Original recipe yields 1 deep dish pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange pumpkin halves on a baking sheet, cut sides down.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour. Set aside until cool enough to handle, though still warm.
- Adjust oven heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Scoop flesh from pumpkin halves into a bowl; mash with potato masher. Measure 2 cups mashed pumpkin into a large mixing bowl; add sugar, amber rum, egg yolk, pumpkin pie spice, butter, dark molasses, and vanilla extract. Puree the mixture with an immersion blender or electric hand mixer until smooth and thick. Pour the puree into the pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 271 cal
- 9.6 g
- 41.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Dixie's Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.