Caprese Chicken8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“I love caprese salad and I'm always trying to find new ways to make chicken dishes and eat a bit healthier. Plus the basil in my garden is growing out of control! Everyone who's made it raves about it and makes it again and again!” - by DAJ322
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place chicken breasts, Italian salad dressing, Italian herb seasoning, and chicken seasoning into a resealable plastic bag, knead bag several times to coat chicken with marinade, and squeeze air from the bag. Seal and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Pour canola oil into a large cast-iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the oil until a small droplet of water pops in the oil. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and discard used marinade. Place chicken breasts into hot oil, fry for 2 minutes, and flip chicken.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven and bake until chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 12 minutes. Top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and a tomato slice.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer chicken breasts to a serving platter and top each with a basil leaf and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 583 cal
- 39.5 g
- 10.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"YUUMMMMMEEEEEE! I followed it exactly as written with one minor substitution. The taste and texture is wonderful, never picked up a knife because they were still tender. I did use thinner breasts, not..." See more too thick. I didn't have fresh basil so I used about a 1/2 inch squeeze of basil puree from a bottle. (usually right next to the fresh herbs in the supermarket) I spread it on the breasts right before adding the mozzarella and tomatoes. Make sure you use FRESH mozzarella people! MY 14 y.o. daughter, who doesn't like fresh tomatoes, gobbled it up and asked if there was anymore! The rest of the crowd said, "make more next time!" And it LOOKS so gourmet too. This is a keeper!"
"We loved this! The addition of the Montreal chicken seasoning in the marinade was awesome! I baked these for 30 minutes at 350 and then 7 minutes more with the cheese on top to melt. I added the to..." See moremato at the e,d after baking, as I find cooked tomatoes to be too soggy. Delicious!"
Greek Feta Chicken
Tandoori Chicken Skewers
Just swipe to see more like this.