Stuffed Red Peppers5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Stuffed peppers with beef and mushrooms.” - by Jane
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the saucepan, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 40 minutes; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break ground beef into small pieces and place in the skillet. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Mix beef mixture into brown rice.
- Stir tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning into the rice mixture and season filling with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange bell peppers in a baking dish. Spoon filling into bell peppers.
- Bake in preheated oven until the peppers are tender, about 1 hour. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the stuffed peppers to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 504 cal
- 12.6 g
- 74.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I just made this recipe and it is delicious although the proportions are way off! 2 cups of rice would have made enough peppers to feed an army. I made the sauce separately, including the tomatoes, se..." See moreparated 2 cups of sauce to which I added 1 cup cooked rice and that was enough to fill 4 big peppers. I had about 3 cups of sauce left, without rice, which would be more than enough for 1 lb. pasta. I also used homemade tomato sauce. In any case the recipe is very good tasting and will definitely make again"
"I cut the rice in half and still had enough filling for 8 peppers! They were tastey but I added some red pepper chilies to spice them up...." See more"
Stuffed Mexican Peppers
Chicken Wild Rice Stuffed Red Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.