Calzones In a Pinch0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I think you could substitute anything, just keep the liquid down. My tomatoes should have been seeded and patted dry.” - by Dairy Princess
Original recipe yields 2 calzones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat until the meat is crumbly and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain grease.
- Combine ground beef mixture, chicken, tomato, mushrooms, and ripe olives in a bowl. Stir spaghetti sauce into ground beef mixture. Lightly mix mozzarella, sharp Cheddar, and Parmesan cheeses into the filling.
- Place a pie crust flat onto a work surface; spread with half the cream cheese, leaving an edge about 1/2-inch deep without cream cheese. Spoon half the filling over cream cheese. Fold the crust over the filling to make a large half moon-shaped calzone; press the edges together with a fork. Cut several slits in the top of the calzone to vent steam. Repeat with second crust and remaining filling. Place calzones onto a baking sheet. Brush tops with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is hot, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle tops with Italian seasoning; return to oven and bake until crusts are lightly golden brown, about 5 more minutes. Let calzones stand for 5 minutes before cutting into servings.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 932 cal
- 62 g
- 53.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Sausage and Mushroom Calzones
Unbelievable Spinach Calzones
Just swipe to see more like this.