Orange, Tea, Bourbon-Brined Paprika Butter Turkey0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 10 hr 45 min
“Great-tasting roast turkey flavor. Cook an 8-pound turkey breast on the weekend and enjoy flavorful turkey sandwiches all week. Can also be used on a full-size turkey. Cooking time is about 15 minutes per pound. If desired, make 1 cup seasoned butter and add 2 tablespoons to your turkey gravy.” - by RockyTrax
Original recipe yields 1 whole turkey breast
- Pour 2 quarts of water into a large soup pot and stir in orange juice and zest, kosher salt, sugar, black tea bags, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, and bourbon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix 4 quarts cold water into brine and let cool. Submerge turkey breast in brine, adding more water if needed to cover. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Set oven rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Remove turkey from marinade; discard marinade. Rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Mix coriander seeds, paprika, cumin seeds, and garlic into softened butter in a bowl.
- Loosen the skin over turkey breast with your fingers and spread 1/4 cup of seasoned butter beneath the skin. Rub remaining 2 tablespoons seasoned butter over the turkey breast. Place turkey breast onto a roasting rack and set rack into a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until skin is golden brown and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 2 hours. Transfer to a cutting board and let turkey breast rest 30 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 508 cal
- 15.2 g
- 19.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Orange Turkey Brine
Lauren's Apple Cider Roast Turkey
Just swipe to see more like this.