Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is the traditional 'better than Boston Market®' recipe for mashed sweet potatoes. Easy to make and tastes great! If you're looking for the best recipe for this traditional holiday favorite, look no further.” - by Samantha
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Transfer drained sweet potatoes to a baking sheet.
- Bake sweet potatoes in the preheated oven until dried, 3 to 4 minutes; transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mash sweet potatoes with a potato masher until no large lumps remain; add sugar, allspice, and cinnamon. Continue mashing potatoes until evenly seasoned; spoon into a casserole dish. Spread miniature marshmallows in an even layer over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in oven until marshmallows just begin to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil; cook under broiler for 1 minute.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 189 cal
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
- 44.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Mashed Maple Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.