French Toast Apple Cobbler0 Reviews
“French toast baked on a layer of golden raisins and apple pie filling makes a simple but elegant brunch dish.” - by Lucky Leaf
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine pie filling, raisins, lemon juice, one teaspoon of the vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the salt.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a shallow dish whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- In a very large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add bread slices, half at a time, to hot skillet.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is lightly browned, turning once to brown both sides.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer atop apple mixture in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve bread slices on serving plates and top with apple mixture.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 472 cal
- 13.3 g
- 76.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Apple Cheesecake Bars with Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.