Curried Stuffed Acorn Squash0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Accidental recipes are the best and this one is no exception! This is a fancy vegetarian-lover's way to spice up squash without losing the smooth, subtle squash flavor.” - by JennyB
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Wrap each squash half with plastic wrap.
- Place wrapped squash, cut side down, in microwave; cook on high until squash is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Leave squash wrapped while preparing filling.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir red bell pepper, radish, leek, celery, jalapeno pepper, and garlic in the hot oil until softened, about 10 minutes. Add vegetable stock and rice; stir to combine. Cover and simmer until broth is absorbed and rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle greens into rice mixture; cover and simmer until greens are wilted, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, curry paste, and walnuts to rice mixture; stir to combine.
- Unwrap squash and set halves, cut sides up, into 4 soup bowls. Spoon about 2 tablespoons feta cheese into each squash half. Add a large scoop of rice mixture atop feta layer. Top rice mixture layer with any leftover feta.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 401 cal
- 14 g
- 63.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Autumn Stuffed Acorn Squash
Just swipe to see more like this.