Orange Cornish Hen for Two9 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is a perfect dinner for two or can be doubled for company. Serve with wild rice.” - by misty
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season hen with salt and black pepper; place in a roasting pan.
- Roast hen in the preheated oven until partially cooked, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mix orange juice concentrate, honey, and ketchup in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook until syrup consistency, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Baste hen with orange glaze; continue roasting, basting every ten minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone reads 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), 35 to 40 more minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 571 cal
- 21.2 g
- 69.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Tried this for the first time for company and it was a success. So simple, classic and tasty. The only changes I made to the recipe included adding a bit more pepper due to personal preferences and ..." See morelowering the temperature to 350 degrees F for the last 30 - 40 minutes. Served this with Basmati rice and glazed carrots....Very tender and tasty and great for company....I forgot to mention I did make this for 4 people so I adjusted the ingredients accordingly."
"This was delicious! I made as is, except I made 2 hens, so doubled everything. I also cooked about 10 minutes more than stated since I had 2 hens and it was perfect. Thanks for a yummy and easy rec..." See moreipe!"
Glazed Cornish Game Hens With Apricot Pistachio Dressing
Orange Glazed Cornish Hen
Just swipe to see more like this.