Yummy Applesauce Bread4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“Using applesauce instead of butter reduces the fat of this delicious bread. Could also be made as cupcakes or muffins. Toasting the pecans is optional.” - by BLONDENBLUE1
Original recipe yields 1 9x5-inch loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake pecans in the preheated oven until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove pecans from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir applesauce, water, vegetable oil, and vinegar together in a separate bowl. Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture until just combined; fold in pecans. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 348 cal
- 12.2 g
- 57.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I cut the brown sugar back by half and used a homemade apple butter instead of applesauce. I crushed a package of Nature Valley granola bars and sprinkled a little over each muffin mound before I bake..." See mored them. Baked at 350*, my muffins were done at just over 20 minutes. VERY moist muffin. These actually were even better the next day, after they'd sat overnight."
"I was concerned because there was no egg! Most quick bread loaves have an egg, so I added one. I also bumped up the spices and cut the brown sugar to 1 scant cup. The applesauce was sweet enough. This..." See more was delicious, rose high, and sliced beautifully."
Applesauce Pumpkin Bread
Applesauce Bread II
Just swipe to see more like this.