al fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage Sliders1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“Start your day with this healthy & delicious, apple maple sausage and egg slider with shredded cheese and a hint of jelly. eat better.” - by al fresco all natural
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a small non-stick frying pan, gently brown the chicken sausage. Remove and keep warm.
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl, whisk with the milk and black pepper.
- Place a medium skillet that has been prepared with the cooking spray over medium heat. Scramble the eggs until done but still a bit soft (about 2 - 3 minutes.)
- While the sausage and eggs are cooking, prepare the mini bagels by toasting, and spread the top and bottom with the apple jelly.
- Divide the scrambled eggs and the cooked sausage on top of the jellied bottoms of the mini bagels.
- Top each egg portion with a sprinkle of the shredded cheddar cheese, then put the top of the bagel on the cheese to make the slider.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 391 cal
- 12 g
- 51.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful recipe with a nice combination of flavors! The sweet apple sausage paired with sharp cheddar was definitely an indicator that this was going to be tasty so I had to give this a try and boy a..." See morem I glad I did! This was a nice change to our regular breakfast sandwich routine and so good you'd never know that the sausage was so low in fat. I used reduced fat shard cheddar along with whole grain bagel thins vs. mini bagels. And since I didn't have apple jelly I served this with a side of apple butter. Perfect served with fresh fruit and OJ!"
Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, Endive, & Blueberry Salad with Toasted Pecans
Baked Egg Cups with Country Style Chicken Sausage
Just swipe to see more like this.