Baked Mac and Cheese with Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Rich and cheesy but not too dry. My family loves this and we have it for all our big meals.” - by Carolinagirl
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Reserve 1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese for later use
- Mix mild Cheddar cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and egg together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir cooked macaroni into cheese mixture. Pour macaroni mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with the reserved 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 415 cal
- 23.2 g
- 29.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I added a few spices to make it a little more personal to our family (onion powder, garlic powder, little dijon mustard, little Frank's Hot Sauce, fresh ground pepper) but other than that, I kept to t..." See morehe recipe. I did not try this myself but I was told by my husband that the kids really liked it. They both had seconds. My husband said it was good but a little thick for him."
"You dont actually need 2 bags of mild cheddar cheese, comes out fine! Delicious!..." See more"
Danny's Macaroni and Cheese
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.