Chocolate Turtles (The Candy)4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Chocolate turtles like you buy at the store made in your kitchen.” - by AnastasiaLS1
Original recipe yields 40 turtles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange pecans on a baking sheet.
- Bake pecans in the preheated oven until fragrant and lightly browned, 7 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; grease with butter.
- Combine caramels, water, and butter in a saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted and smooth. Fold in pecans.
- Drop caramel mixture by the spoonful onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow to cool and harden.
- Drizzle chocolate over caramel nut clusters. Refrigerate to set, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 162 cal
- 11.7 g
- 16.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I just made these and they turned out great! I used parchment paper and put them in the freezer before I dipped them in chocolate. I always use parafin wax when I melt chocolate for dipping...." See more"
"I made these for a family Christmas party and they were a big hit. I followed the recipe exactly, easy to make and delicious. I used semisweet chocolate chips and substituted parchment paper (buttered..." See more)for the aluminum foil."
Chocolate Caramel Candy
Just swipe to see more like this.