Cheese Souffle from Egg Farmers of Ontario1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Belwood egg farmers Bryan and Cathy Hostrawser and their family love the taste of this cheese souffleé.” - by Egg Farmers of Ontario
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt butter in a 4-cup measuring cup or a medium bowl in the microwave. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in milk, then cheese, until combined. Cook in microwave for 2 minutes on High; stir. Cook for another 1-1/2 to 2 minutes until mixture becomes a smooth, thickened sauce.
- Whisk egg yolks until blended. Add a little of the sauce to the yolks; stir thoroughly. Stir yolk mixture back into the sauce.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg yolk/sauce mixture gently into beaten egg whites just until combined. (Mixture does not have to be completely blended.)
- Spoon or pour into four lightly greased 1-cup straight-sided ramekins or souffle dishes.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) oven until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 301 cal
- 22.6 g
- 9.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Suddenly decided I wanted to try to make a soufflé this morning. This was the best-looking recipe I could find. Never having made soufflé before, I wasn't expecting much, but they turned out great! I ..." See moredidn't have enough cheddar cheese, so I added some cream cheese & pepper jack, plus some chopped ham & dill. They looked lovely & tasted great!! Will probably make again."
Double Chocolate Brownies from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Just swipe to see more like this.