Strawberry Pavlova0 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“This beautiful dessert, a favourite recipe of Teeswater egg farmers Peter and Adriana Van Zeeland, is perfect for any occasion.” - by Egg Farmers of Ontario
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until stiff, glossy peaks form. Beat in cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla just until blended.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, spread meringue into a 10-inch (25 cm) circle with a raised edge and a slight indentation in the centre.
- Bake in a preheated 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) oven until firm to the touch, about 1-1/4 hours. Meringue should be cream-coloured. If it appears to be browning, reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees F (105 degrees C).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- When ready to serve, peel parchment paper off back of meringue. Place meringue on a serving plate. Cut strawberries into halves or slices, if large. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in liqueur, if using. Spread whipped cream over meringue leaving edge of meringue visible. Top with strawberries. Cut into wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 281 cal
- 17.8 g
- 27.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Double Chocolate Brownies from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Just swipe to see more like this.