Night Before Scrambled Eggs2 Reviews
“Egg farmers Larry and Jane Rundle from Woodham, Ontario, enjoy this recipe on Christmas morning and it can be prepared the night before.” - by Egg Farmers of Ontario
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Melt 1 tbsp of the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in flour and salt. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add 1-1/4 cups of the cheese, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in a large frying pan. Add mushrooms and onion; saute until tender and liquid evaporates.
- Whisk eggs. Add eggs and bacon or ham to mushroom/onion mixture. Cook until eggs are just set but still a little wet. Stir cheese sauce into egg mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan or 2.5 L casserole. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, uncover and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) oven until heated through and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 311 cal
- 23.6 g
- 4.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"To give this egg pie a little creamier texture, I used fat free evaporated milk instead of regular milk. I did add a few spices (fresh ground black pepper, little Frank's Hot Sauce, garlic powder, pin..." See morech sea salt) and I used pepperjack cheese. We loved this. Very good. This would be a great base recipe to throw in whatever add-in's you like, too. Next time, I think I'll add spinach and diced tomatoes."
Curried Devilled Eggs
Just swipe to see more like this.