Catfish Po Boy2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Crispy fried catfish is piled into hoagie rolls and topped with tangy coleslaw for this authentic Po Boy sandwich.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- Combine coleslaw mix, pepperoncini peppers, red onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion, and lemon pepper in a large bowl. Toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place catfish fillets in a large shallow baking dish. Sprinkle hot sauce over the top and turn the fillets to coat.
- Combine Cajun seasoning, flour, cornmeal, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon granulated garlic, 1 tablespoon granulated onion, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large brown paper bag. Add catfish fillets and shake gently to coat fillets thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry breaded catfish fillets until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Place on paper towel-lined paper plates to drain.
- Spread each hoagie bun with 1/4 cup remoulade-style spread. Place 2 catfish fillets on top and top with 1 to 2 cups coleslaw. Garnish with lemon wedge, cherry tomato halves, and banana pepper rings.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1070 cal
- 48.6 g
- 128.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Perfect just as it is!..." See more"
"This was very good! I only made 1/2 of the 'breading', and I still had quite a bit leftover after coating all the fish, so... I also reduced the garlic powder in the slaw, as 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic..." See more powder seemed a bit much to me. The fish itself came out very flavorful and moist. Everything went together nicely! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Just swipe to see more like this.