The Dipper7 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Elevate the standard French dip to 'The Dipper.' Sliced roast beef is cooked together with mushrooms, hot peppers, onions, and Marsala wine, then piled into toasted buns topped with Swiss cheese.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, 1 tablespoon garlic basil spread, and Italian seasoning in the hot oil until onion has softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in pepper rings and mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add beef broth and roast beef and stir until the beef is warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spread each ciabatta roll with 1 tablespoon garlic basil spread and 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce. Top with 3 slices Swiss cheese.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, pile the beef-onion mixture into each sandwich and pour 1 to 2 tablespoons pan juices over the filling. Transfer the remaining pan juices to small bowls for dipping.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 976 cal
- 28.4 g
- 123.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Maybe I was really hungry but I thought these were really great. My only comment would be the amount of beef per sandwich. Per recipe it would be 1/2 lb of beef per sandwich and that is a LOT of bee..." See moref along with the onions, mushrooms etc. I would plan for 8 sandwiches with this amount of meat. You could up the onions without changing a thing."
"Bread makes this sandwich. You will never go back to a regular French dip. So good!..." See more"
"This recipe was just awesome! I used it as a reference and made a few changes to suit my taste. No horseradish, and instead of the other spread called for I just made a garlic butter. Havardi instead ..." See moreof swiss,added red bell pepper and as I don't eat beef I laid on a fried egg instead. A mix of flavors that make your taste buds wake up and take notice!"
Just swipe to see more like this.