Toasted Cuban Sandwich2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This Cuban sandwich is piled high with ham, roast pork loin, Swiss cheese, and dill pickles, then toasted to warm and crunchy perfection.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, green onions, ground chipotle peppers, lime juice, garlic basil spread, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir onions, red pepper flakes, and oregano in the hot oil until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add half the jalapeno pepper rings and cook until they begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve remaining jalapeno rings.
- Spread each ciabatta roll with 1 tablespoon sweet hot mustard and 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise. Evenly divide the Swiss cheese slices, slices of pork loin, ham, dill pickles, and remaining jalapeno rings among the four sandwiches. Top with cooked onion mixture.
- Place sandwiches onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bread is toasted and warm, 4 to 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 671 cal
- 52.7 g
- 26.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Tried this recipe for my boyfriend's birthday. He loves spicy food more than me (because I don't like it) but this recipe was painfully spicy. I halved it and followed the directions exactly with all ..." See moreof the right ingredients except I lacked on the sliced pork loin because my local deli stopped selling it. I think next time I will increase the amount of mayo and decrease the ground chipotle peppers and cumin in the chipotle mayo sauce. Other than that the sandwich was delicious and the chipotle mayonnaise was very creative and different which can be good sometimes! :)"
Carne Asada Sandwich
Just swipe to see more like this.