Wonderful Gluten Free White Bread10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Like most people with celiac, I find white bread is one of the foods our gluten-free family misses the most. I created this after much trial and error in trying to make a bread that tastes like real wheat bread.” - by Christy
Original recipe yields 1 9x5-inch loaf
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine yeast mixture, rice flour, sorghum flour, potato starch, cornstarch, vegetable oil, eggs, xanthan gum, and salt together in the bowl of a stand mixer; mix on medium speed until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Spoon dough into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top of dough with the back of a wet spoon.
- Place dough in a warm place until it has risen just over the top of the loaf pan, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until loaf is medium golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 222 cal
- 7.6 g
- 34.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"This gluten free recipe for white bread is simply delicious. This was the first "yeast" recipe for gluten free bread that I have made. Found it to be simple and straight forward. The only change was ..." See moreusing brown rice flour since I had no white rice flour. I stronly suggest the use of a stand mixer with the bread blade since gluten free dough is much more sticky than traditional yeast bread doughs. The bread holds up very well for sandwiches and makes a wonderful toast for breakfast. I like very much!"
"Made this for my gluten intolerant Hubby. Good taste! A little dense, don't know if that is normal or not, but still tastes good! I had two pieces. I made it in my bread maker, it has a GF setting. I ..." See moreused GF all purpose flour that already had Xanthum gum in it, so I just added up all the flours and put that many cups of my all purpose in. I also used cocont oil in place of the vegetable oil."
White Bread For The Bread Machine
Raisin Pumpkin Bread Gluten Free
Just swipe to see more like this.