Honey Roasted Almonds6 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“These are great for snacking! Vegetable oil can be substituted for almond oil.” - by Behr
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in a cold oven.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake almonds, stirring occasionally, until light tan and fragrant, 12 to 15 minutes. The nuts will continue to cook after removing from oven.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar and salt together in a small bowl; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon sugar mixture into a large bowl.
- Stir honey, water, and almond oil together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add almonds; cook and stir until almonds have absorbed all the liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer coated almonds to the large bowl sprinkled with sugar mixture. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over almonds; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread almonds onto waxed paper to cool completely. Store at room temperature in a tightly covered container or plastic bag.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 268 cal
- 19.7 g
- 19.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Very quick and simple. Two of us finished these off in about 5 minutes. Now will have to make another batch tomorrow! Only thing I changed was I dusted a little extra sugar after tossing...." See more"
"These almonds are delicious, just as I suspected they'd be. The only change I made was to use lemon olive oil in place of the almond oil. These will satisfy my sweet tooth along with giving me some ..." See morenutrition! I could also see adding a little cayenne to this mix for an interesting twist. Thanks for the recipe, Behr!"
Sweet and Spicy Almonds
Honey Dijon Mustard and Poppy Seed Coleslaw with Cranberries and Toasted Almonds
Just swipe to see more like this.