Almond Cranberry Brittle1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A great twist on traditional nut brittles...very buttery with the addition of dried cranberries!” - by SUEJACKSON
Original recipe yields 30 servings
- Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in butter; cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thick and syrupy and a candy thermometer inserted into the center of the syrup, not touching the bottom, reads 230 degrees F (110 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix almonds and cranberries into the sugar mixture; cook and stir until temperature reaches soft-crack stage at 280 degrees F (138 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes. Stir constantly until mixture reaches hard-crack stage at 305 degrees F (152 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir baking soda into brittle mixture until fully incorporated. Pour brittle onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Stretch candy out by lifting and pulling from the edges using forks as the candy cools. Cool completely before breaking into pieces.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 185 cal
- 9.3 g
- 26.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good recipe except next time I will add the fruit and nuts later in the cooking process. The cranberries came out really chewy, so the brittle is a little hard to eat. I will definitely mak..." See moree this again."
Just swipe to see more like this.