Black Bean Stuffed Peppers9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“What more can you ask for? If my kiddos love this dish, then you know it will be a huge hit in your home. If you have leftover filling, it makes a great chip dip!” - by Cookin for 5
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour water into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Fold brown rice, spinach, diced tomatoes with green chiles, black beans, minced onion, cumin, and oregano into the cream cheese until evenly mixed.
- Halve bell peppers lengthwise. Remove and discard stem, seeds, and membranes.
- Fill each pepper half with about 3/4 cup of rice mixture; arrange into baking dish. Sprinkle cheese evenly over stuffed pepper halves.
- Bake in preheated oven until peppers are tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 230 cal
- 6.5 g
- 33.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Flavorful, easy and filling. We will be making this again. I did add 1 tsp of garlic, I used cheddar jack cheese instead of plain cheddar, plain petite diced tomatoes since the kids were eating and I ..." See morealso used frozen chopped spinach because that is what I had on hand. It was a nice alternative to regular stuffed peppers. My husband and 2 year old loved it and my 5 year old liked it after he got over the look of it. I used red and green peppers, I preferred the red and my son preferred the green peppers. Over all a great meal."
"OK so first time I've rated anything on here because I usually look at other peoples ratings but this was so fantastic!!! My kids didnt like the "heat" but I used RoTel mild... they are such wimps :..." See more) Me and the hubs loved it (just the right amount) also I used Chopped spinach in its frozen form and put 2 cups of it in the microwave before to cook down to 1.5 cups... worked wonderfullly. It was great!! I didnt have any onion flakes so I used a 1/2 Tblsp of garlic powder instead and it was fabulous!!! I will totally make this agin but I may use regular diced tomatoes instead (for the kids sake). Also My hubby HATES GREEN PEPPERS but I uesed other colors and he loved it!!!"
"Wow! These were awesome! Didn't have the tomatoes with peppers, so substituted with regular diced and threw in a can of chiles. Added garlic powder as well and used kraft habenero shred cheese to ..." See moretop. Awesome. Will definitely be making these again. Had some leftover filling so saved it for wraps in which I also used habenero shred cheese. Awesome! Thanks for sharing recipe"
Chef John's Stuffed Peppers
Cheesy Black Bean Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.