Amazing Apple Butter0 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 hr 25 min
- Ready In: 10 hr 40 min
“I decided I wanted to attempt to make apple butter for the first time, so I searched everywhere for a recipe. There were so many to choose from, that I was confused on which one to pick, so I decided to take bits and pieces from a few of the best ones and come up with my own version. The result is 'Amazing Apple Butter.'” - by YUMMYNUMMY
Original recipe yields 6 cups
- Combine apples and apple juice in a stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook at a simmer until apples are soft and mushy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Spoon apples into a food mill and process into puree while discarding the cores and peels remaining in the mill. Transfer process apples to a slow cooker.
- Cook on High with the lid off until the moisture evaporates and the volume reduces by about half, overnight to 24 hours.
- Stir sugar, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice through the apple puree.
- Continue cooking on High until mixture mounds on a chilled plate without any water separating from the edges, another 2 to 6 hours.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the apple butter into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 75 cal
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
- 19.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
All Day Apple Butter
Apple Butter for the Slow Cooker
Just swipe to see more like this.