Timeless Apple Butter0 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 11 hr
- Ready In: 11 hr 20 min
“This apple butter is good.” - by gracygirl
Original recipe yields 4 pints
- Stir apples, sugar, apple cider, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and cloves together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown, 9 to 11 hours. Remove cover and continue cooking on Low, whisking occasionally, until desired smoothness is achieved, about 1 hour.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the apple butter into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Amount Per Serving (128 total)
- 28 cal
- 0 g
- < 1%
- 7.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
No reviews (yet). Have you made this recipe? Be the first to review it!
All Day Apple Butter
Apple Butter for the Slow Cooker
Just swipe to see more like this.