Spaghetti Pie III339 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“Really easy and filling recipe. Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread. Better than lasagna.” - by CHUBS
Original recipe yields 7 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Drain and crumble. Put crumbled beef in skillet. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, bell pepper and pasta sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, green onions and cream cheese and set aside. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the cooked spaghetti. Spread the cream cheese mixture over it, add the meat mixture and sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 671 cal
- 31.5 g
- 65.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (339)Rate This Recipe
"This is one of my favorite recipes from this site - here's how I make it: Cut the pasta amount in half and use rigatoni or penne as this heavy sauce needs a sturdier base than spaghetti. Omit the gree..." See moren onions and throw some minced garlic, freshly ground black pepper and diced onion in with the ground beef. Stir the cheese mixture into the cooked noodles and place in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with the sauce. Cover and bake for 20 minutes, uncover and top with the cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes more or until the cheese is bubbly. This makes a ton of seriously yummy comfort food. Everyone loves it!"
"This is the only way I make spaghetti...ever! My favorite part is the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. Update: I have made this many, many times and have finally perfected this wonderful recipe; I us..." See moree 1.5 jars of sauce, I mix my cooked noodles with butter and lots of parmesan before putting in the pan, and finally I added about 1/2 cup of ricotta to the cream cheese/sour cream."
"Yummy, yummy, yummy! I buttered the spaghetti a bit before layering in the pan and I used a jar of Newman's Sausage and Peppers sauce along with 1/2 a jar of Ragu- it could have used more sauce so I..." See more would use two whole jars next time. I also combined some ricotta cheese with the cream cheese mixture. We all loved it! I might skip the cheddar cheese next time and replace it with mozzerella. You could also scale down the pasta a bit if you don't have a full pound and it would work fine...the pound of spaghetti really filled the pyrex. This will be something I make at least once a month- it makes a ton and I always appreciate left overs so I don't have to cook every day. Thanks for sharing a great pasta dish."
Three Cheese Baked Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.