Buffalo Chicken and Roasted Potato Casserole53 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This recipe was passed to me by a friend whose husband loved Buffalo wings and baked potatoes. I made it for the first time for my crew of boys and it was a big hit. Being a single working mom and short on time, I made some shortcuts to the recipe and to my surprise, it tasted even better.” - by mammak
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat hot pepper sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt in a large skillet over low heat, stirring until thoroughly combined. Turn off heat. Toss potatoes in batches with the hot pepper sauce mixture to coat and use a slotted spoon to transfer potatoes to the prepared baking dish. Leave remaining sauce in skillet. Mix chicken into remaining sauce and allow to marinate while potatoes roast.
- Bake potatoes until tender inside and crisp and brown outside, 45 to 50 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Spread chicken cubes over roasted potatoes. Sprinkle Mexican cheese blend, cooked bacon, and green onions over chicken. Return to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and the cheese topping is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Bake in oven until chicken is cooked through and the cheese topping is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 501 cal
- 25.5 g
- 33.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (53)Rate This Recipe
"This was my recipe and I made some shortcuts that weren't put in the original recipe. Instead of using the tobasco sauce, garlic powder, and paprika mix, I used a jar of HOOTERS hot wing sauce. I adde..." See mored some olive oil to it to keep it from burning and to coat the potatoes. Then baked them as the recipe states. Also, not having time to thaw and cube chicken, I used a bag of Fajita chicken pieces, precooked and thawed. It was perfect and took half the time."
"Devoured by both myself and my husband! I knew he would love it, but I was surprised at how much I did, too. I followed the author's shortcut except that I used Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce. I used r..." See moreed potatoes and left the skin on. Instead of putting raw chicken in with the roasted potatoes, I sprinkled it with the paprika, garlic powder, and seasoning salt, then sauteed the chicken in olive oil until cooked. I added about a half cup of wing sauce and 3 tbsp unsalted butter to the cooked chicken (this was for a half-recipe) and simmered for about 10 minutes before adding to the roasted potatoes. Chives are a no-no for my hubby, unfortunately, but this was DELICIOUS anyway! I should have made the full amount! I'll be making it again in 2 days when friends come over to watch a football game, and will keep it warm in the slow cooker. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, MammaK! :)"
Roasted Herb Chicken & Potatoes
Cheesy Chicken and Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.